Friday, September 5, 2008

Counting Blessings and Saying Prayers

I think this is the longest I have ever gone without posting....been a little preoccupied. My mother had a full hysterectomy on Wednesday. Of course we were nervous waiting on her surgeon to come out and let us know how it went. The first word I heard was cancer, and for just a second my heart fell to my feet. Now we knew there was a chance of this...that was the reason for the surgery. He explained that there was cancer in the uterus, but it had not gone outside and therefore he got it all and no reason for any radiation. Thank you sweet Lord! She did great! My mother is 74 years old and had not been in the hospital since she had me almost 43 years ago. She got up yesterday, took a shower and was walking down the hallways. She is going home today.
As for saying prayers....TS Hannah is on her way here! I pray for my families and everyone Else's safety. I have made my run to the the grocery store, for bread, milk, monkey food (that what my husband calls canned food and munchies). I don't know about the rest of you, but here in North Carolina when we even hear that bad weather is coming.....we got to go to the store...we are gonna eat!

Here is my version of PeaPickers Primitives Ding Bats







And here are some Jack-o-jingle bells I just got in, I just love 'em!




!














And I have received some awards that I have not acknowledged from



Merrie and Gina



and from Justina











Thank you ladies, it means alot to me that you choose me!
I know alot of you have already received these....if not and you are on my blog roll.. you have an excellent blog and you all make me smile, so please pick it up!

I have been working my hiney off, in the store, rearranging and cleaning. I will post some new pics soon. Right now I am gonna get a shower, make supper, bake some turtle brownies and settle down with some stitchery(and catch up on some blog reading) and wait on the storm.
Everyone stay safe!

14 comments:

  1. Oh I pray that the storm won't be that bad. I bet the grocery stores are packed! Please keep us posted and we hope for the best.

    On a lighter note, your new creations are just great! As always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy your mom is doing well-Thank God-This is woderful news.

    Looking forward to seeing what you are putting in your store-I added your store to my favorites too!

    I'll send up a prayer for you with the storm coming-I've been watching it closely on the news.

    I pray you have a great weekend,
    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah while you are sitting eating your munchies..be sure to read "my magazine" it is a best seller...lol.. you nut..my mom is 82 and is going in for a hysterectomy...can you believe that? I think its because her bladder is hanging..I had mine 4 years ago and I love it...was easy course I was 41 at the time...any way I hope you weather the storm okay..hey send me some brownies..they sound yummy,....wish you had eatavision...kind of like smellavision only better cause you get to eat...lol..have a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. we do the same thing when there is a storm...shop like nobodys business and thats if theres a footprints trace of snow...we just shut down here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! I am so happy that your Mama is okay and cancer free! That is something to celebrate!

    Praying that the storm will not turn out to be a bad one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your mom is back to good in no time. I had a hysto when I was 29 so I can't imagine one at that age.

    I am sorry to say I don't think bittersweet grows in NC. I have never ever seen it - I think it is too warm. Besides, the kudzu would take it over!!

    I hope you don't get too much wind and rai. We are expecting it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog & for your kind words. That is wonderful news about your mom. Praying that the storm isn't too bad. I'm going to ad you to my blog list. Your blog is great! I'm going back to check out more of it. Don't feel bad about burning your pumpkin, I've overcooked a few things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, what wonderful news about your mother. I am glad to hear that she is doing well and that they were able to get all the cancer. What a blessing that is.

    Y'all try to stay dry down y'alls way. It is pouring here this morning. Dont know if I will do much of anything except sew today.


    Have a great weekend
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness your mom is fine and up and around already, what a strong woman she must be!
    Love your halloween items and stay safe with the storm. My stepdaughter, Jenn, called from near Mrytel Beach yesterday and said it had just started to rain there.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you and your family that your Mom is on the road to recovery!!! Stay safe and I pray the storm is not too bad....
    Stop over and visit me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saying prayers for your safety. Thank god all turned out well with your Mom.

    Love the tree.

    Blessings,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your mom's heart...having a hysterectomy at that age! I'm glad they were able to take care of it though!

    I am praying for the safety of all involved with the storms!

    I didn't get my room spray yet, but the mail hasn't run for today yet...maybe it will be in today's mail! I'm excited!

    And in those pictures, is that log siding I see? Do you live in a log home?
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth,

    My room spray came today! I love it! My whole house smells so yummy! Thanks!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beth, Oh the bats are awesome. Just had to tell ya that.
    hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so Much! Come back and see me again!


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.